Please see the toolkit that explains House Bill 5 as well as endorsements, achievements, and how to become a distinguished graduate.
*On July 27, 2017, the full Board approved the proposed rule change to update the college readiness benchmark for writing. The newly approved benchmark is as follows:
- a placement score of at least 340, and an essay score of at least a 4; or
- a placement score of less than 340, and an ABE Diagnostic level of at least 4, and an essay score of at least 5
The TSI-status of all students enrolled as of Fall 2017 should reflect the new TSIA writing college readiness benchmarks. See the Web page.
If you haven’t been to TexasGEARUP.com in a while, now’s the perfect time to check out the newestcollege-and-career videos on the Student Hub,TEKS-aligned lesson plans in the Educator Toolbox, andParent Spot videos and guides.
To make things simple for sharing, I’ve bulleted each of new—as well as some of our favorite—TXGU resources below.
Student Hub Resources
- How I Got Here: Dianey*
- How I Got Here: Greg*
- How I Got Here: Dorothy*
- Student Transition Guide
- Important College Dates & Deadlines
Educator Toolbox Resources
lesson plan topics: setting GPA goals, social media presence, choosing a college major
lesson plan topics: building awareness for post-secondary options, primer on interest, smart borrowing
lesson plan topics: visiting universities, affordable Ivy League schools, building a campus support system
- College-prep Classroom Activities (Grades 7-12)
- Get a Life Game (See the difference a college degree can make in this real-world budgeting game)
Parent Spot Resources (all available in English & Spanish)